Get your festive on with Brilliant Brighton’s xmas afternoon
We can’t deny it any longer, Christmas is hurtling towards with all the speed of a bullet train, so we’ve popped our inner Scrooge in the cupboard and are now embracing all things festive over here at BOTI.
Fortunately for us, Brilliant Brighton (the not-for-profit made up of 517 city centre businesses) is making it easy for us to get into the festive spirit with a city-wide Christmassy afternoon on Saturday 2nd December. It’s also Small Business Saturday that day, so it’s great opportunity to support local indie businesses.
Here’s the lowdown on what you can expect:
- A vocal quarter, music students and a brass band singing/playing traditional and contemporary classics throughout The Lanes, North Laine and Western Road
- Santa’s elves visiting local businesses to spread joy (and a fair few goodies, too)
- Santa himself visiting the city from atop his dazzling Santa bus – he’ll be driving along Western Road, North Street and Preston Street between 4pm and 6pm
- The unveiling of Brilliant Brighton’s ‘festively fabulous’ windows and the launch of the best-dressed ‘Winter Wonderland’ Christmas window competition – vote for your fave for the chance to win a £150 Brilliant Brighton gift card to spend locally
- And, of course, a great opportunity to check out all the Brilliant Brighton Christmas lights
The Christmas lights are only changed every five years (they’re eye-wateringly expensive for the Brilliant Brighton businesses funding them) so we’ve got the return of Brighton street artist-designed (Sinna, Mowgli, Cassette Lord and Bintley are among those who created designs) lights to North Street and Western Road, with more traditional lights elsewhere.
Go on, grab a hot chocolate (we’d recommend Black Mocha’s) and get your festive on!
Saturday 2nd December; 2pm – 6pm
Various locations across Brighton