early bird tickets released for the big session
We teamed up with The Social Society to host The Big Session on Saturday 12th October, with a vision to bring our community together to inspire and empower people to make a positive change in their own way. And boy, did we do that.
At a challenging time, the festival brought a line up of inspiration, creatively and connections to Wagner Hall, celebrating everything that makes our community what it is. And, guess what… we’re doing it all again next year.
Here are some of the 2019 highlights:
- 10 inspiring speakers including John Pritchard of ethical fashion brand Pala Eyewear, Josh Boyd – a Whitehawk FC Ultra fan, Education Lead at The Hummingbird Project Dr Mick Taylor, Charlotte Overton-Hart founder of Story Chaplain, Jess Crocker of Brighton Community Kitchen, Merlin Nation of Working Progress and Mental Health Coach Rich Goddard.
- 4 well-being sessions to reconnect with ourselves including yoga with Liz Naven, sound bath healing with Jan Burgess and meditation and breathwork with Emma Bohan
- 2 one-to-one experts: Advice from Jason Nuttall of Crowdfunder UK and Climate Change coaching with Andrea Anderson of Who I Am coaching.
- 3 creative workshops: Quick Draw workshop with Drawn Together Club, Paper Collage workshop with Kalee Jones and Lego workshop with Brighton Bricks.
- 3 live bands: Ciderdogs, Scott Booth and Ben & Alfie
- 6 local charities sharing their stories: A talk from Paul Richards of Gig Buddies, Sofa Session with Jo Crease from Together Co, reps from Emmaus, Real Junk Food Project and Audio Active.
- 2 food & drink experts: Food from Syndicate Kitchen and Coffee from Henfield’s Craft House Coffee
Fancy joining us for the next one? It will be bigger and better! Early bird tickets are on sale now, so you can bag a ticket for the same price as this year’s stage one tickets, if you get yours before 30th November 2019.
Saturday 5th September 2020, 10.30am – 5.00pm; early bird tickets from £20
Wagner Hall, 2 Regency Road, Brighton BN1 2RU