brighton fringe launch family cover artist competition
Imagine seeing your kid’s artwork on the front of one of 70,000 copies of the Brighton Fringe Family Guide next May. Like the idea of that? Then now is the time to encourage the under 12s in your life to get creative, as there’s a competition they need to be part of. If you’re running out of ways to keep them entertained as we come to the end of the summer holidays, then this is a free activity suggestion on us… you can thank us later.
This year’s tagline is ‘Dive In’, so the brief is pretty simple; cover designs can incorporate this theme in any way, without including any local landmarks. So, no divers under the Brighton Palace Pier, or skydivers coming in to land near the i360. Half the fun of a kids competition is seeing how their imaginations interpret a theme, surely? So it’s time to get creative.
The deadline for the competition is Friday 20th December 2019, so there’s a little bit of time to think about ideas. Not only will the lucky chosen artist have their work all over Brighton & Hove on the Family Guide cover, but they will also bag themselves £200 to spend on tickets at Brighton Fringe 2020. On top of that, they will also receive a Gold Friends of Brighton Fringe membership, which gives them access to 2 for 1 offers on events and many more benefits. Not a bad little bundle, is it? Three runners-up will win two tickets to a Brighton Fringe children’s show of their choice too, so it’s definitely worth entering.
All you need to know:
- Entrants must be under 12
- Entrants must be Brighton & Hove residents only
- Entrants should use an A4 piece of paper in landscape orientation to design what they interpret ‘Dive In’ to mean for Brighton Fringe
- The final cover image will be shrunk down to A5, so the design should not include writing or drawing that is very small
- Artwork should not include any Brighton landmarks
- All entries to be sent to: ‘Dive In’ Competition, Brighton Fringe Ltd, Pier Werks, 21-22 Old Steine, Brighton BN1 1EL
- Closing date Friday 20th December 2019
Head over to the Brighton Fringe website for some inspiration. Good luck!
Artwork credit: 2019 Winner: Silvia Bracher (Aged 6)